Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatal error freeing exporter memory, during or post render

Hi,
    I am getting this error frequently ( after between 6 and 12 renders ) with vray 3.402 on Windows 10, Maya 2016.5

'// Error: V-Ray : Fatal error freeing exporter memory.'

It either happens mid-render, causing it to stop. I then have to restart Maya to continue rendering. Other times it happens straight after the render has finished.

It isnt particularly consistent what im doing when it happens. Ive noticed during ptex baking and general lighting adjustments/rendering.

Most of the meshes are subdivided with OSD, but I do have a limit set ( 6 ) on the number of subdivisions from the settings panel and all of the OSD attributes are set to a depth of 3 on Catmull-Clark. Therefore It shouldnt be too heavy geometry wise as its usually only a single character, with no displacement.

Hopefully this is helpful information.

Can you share a scene where this happens?
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
      Can you share a scene where this happens?
      Sure thing. Do I just email the scene to chaosgroup maya support - dont wish to post client sensitive data in the forum.

Edit: OOps.. cant do that either, the archive (with textures) is 280 mg.

Comment

Still getting this error. VS2013 debug wont provide anymore information than

'[WinThreadManager] Constructor.
        [DefaultResourceManager] Constructor called
        [DefaultResourceManager] Constructor called
        VRayRenderer::beginFrame(): allocating and preparing regions generator
        Compiling geometry
        First-chance exception at 0x00007FFE6BD5FB1D (vray_GeomStaticSmoothedMesh.dll) in maya.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000108.'

a separate error dialog also reports this c++ error:

'runtime error R6025
        - pure virtual function call'
        Last edited by monsteradurm; 26-07-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monsteradurm View Post
          Sure thing. Do I just email the scene to chaosgroup maya support - dont wish to post client sensitive data in the forum.

Edit: OOps.. cant do that either, the archive (with textures) is 280 mg.
          Please request access to the FTP server at support@chaosgroup.com and include a link to this thread for us to find easily where the initial communication started from.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Just looking to confirm (officially) that this hasn't been fixed in the latest 3.4.04 update as we are still getting the same crashing.

Comment

That is correct, the issue hasn't been fixed yet.

Comment

This has been fixed for both the nightlies and the stable nightly builds. You can get the fix from there.
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks downloaded early this week and rolled out across our studio. Been smooth sailing!

Comment

May have spoken to soon..

It works fine in the general UI, i made a quick script to render it in mayabatch and im getting the same fatal error message to the console.

Nevermind. I just realised i had the character referenced in. That seems to have caused the issues, id never tried to bake onto a referenced character - and hadnt even noticed that i was doing it this time. Non-referenced ver is working fine.
                    Last edited by monsteradurm; 15-09-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Good to know, thanks for the input. Let us know if you have any other issues and we'll be happy to help.
                      Alex Yolov
                      Product Manager
                      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                      www.chaos.com

Comment

Nevermind. I just realised i had the character referenced in. That seems to have caused the issues, id never tried to bake onto a referenced character - and hadnt even noticed that i was doing it this time.
                        Do you still have the referenced scene variant? Can you share it with us?
                        Crashing is never a good behaviour, so it is better if we can find the bug and fix it.
                        V-Ray developer

Comment

I can package something together that demonstrates. Assuming the login details are still valid from last time i uploaded a couple of weeks ago i will follow same procedure.

Comment

I can package something together that demonstrates. Assuming the login details are still valid from last time i uploaded a couple of weeks ago i will follow same procedure.
                            Yes, those are changed not so often so they should be the same.
                            A good idea would be to notify us somehow(email or a forum post) when uploading files on the FTP server.

Comment

Working...
                            X