Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samplerInfo in VP2

Hi,

In 3.40.02, V-Ray materials are now visible in VP2.0 which is absolutely awesome. However, we noticed if you have a samplerInfo node in your shader network, the shader won't appear in the viewport. It would be very useful if this was supported.

Also, I couldn't get a V-Ray proxy to show up as shaded in VP2.0 ... perhaps this is a limitation which is not easily fixed?

Cheers!
    Best Regards,
    Fredrik

In 3.40.02, V-Ray materials are now visible in VP2.0 which is absolutely awesome. However, we noticed if you have a samplerInfo node in your shader network, the shader won't appear in the viewport. It would be very useful if this was supported.
    How about if you switch the Viewport 2.0 rendering engine to "OpenGL Core Profile" ( Preferences > Display > Viewport 2.0 )?

Also, I couldn't get a V-Ray proxy to show up as shaded in VP2.0 ... perhaps this is a limitation which is not easily fixed?
    You can get it to show up if you change the "Geometry to load" option of the VRayProxy to "Maya mesh"
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

How about if you switch the Viewport 2.0 rendering engine to "OpenGL Core Profile" ( Preferences > Display > Viewport 2.0 )?
      That was actually what we had loaded when trying this. So it appears that didn't work.

You can get it to show up if you change the "Geometry to load" option of the VRayProxy to "Maya mesh"
      Hm, when I select the proxy and set it to "Maya mesh", it'll appear as completely solid light gray (no textures).

This was all in Maya 2016, by the way.
      Best Regards,
      Fredrik

Comment

Can you upload a simple scene demonstrating the samplerInfo issue? I tried connecting the facingRatio to various plugs on our materials and it seems to work fine in OpenGL Core profile, as long as you enable Textured view. In the old OpenGL profile we use a different implementation which doesn't support input connections so well.

The gray color you're seeing on the proxies should be the "Viewport color" from VRayMeshMaterial. We currently don't display the original shaders and textures.
        Deyan Spirov
        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
        X