Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray fur base position based on non smoothed mesh. Way to adjust this distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray fur base position based on non smoothed mesh. Way to adjust this distance?

I have some low poly objects that are smoothed at render time. Normally this isn't an issue. Today the client asked for fur/grass across the surfaces.

Because they are low poly the fur floats above the surfaces where there is a certain degree of difference between the normals... like 45 degrees or more.

Well, no worries because I can just smooth mesh them manually.....

........but.... now that the fur sticks the situation is that there is too much fur per face even at a integer value of "1" which i can not make any lower.

The "per area" setting doesn't seem to change the result at all.

Wasn't there a way to set the fur base level up or down on the fur direction normal OR am I thinking of the old softimage fur setting?
    ------
    KC

This is a known issue which has been already reported to our system. Currently, there are two solutions that you could try.

The first one is that you could smoot your geometry at render time using OpenSubdivs attribute. VRayFur should work as expected and rendered properly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-08-07_15-59-17.jpg Views:	2 Size:	261.2 KB ID:	1006231 ​​​​​​​

The second thing that you could do is to subdivide your geometry in order to have more polygons. Then you could control the Distribution of the fur using Density texture map which should give you better control.
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X