Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Region on larger render hang

Hi all

When I render just a small section of a large Image (say 9K), the frame buffer renders the limited region fairly quickly, but then I get the spinning beach ball.
    There are no other render elements, other than the Sample rate, but I do have glare on.

For small crops of large resolutions (to check what the small areas will look like at 100%), I?m looking forward to the ?scale? within the Frame Buffer function, as seen in 3ds Max.

Cheers

It's most likely because of the glare, Lens Effects are always applied to the whole image so even though you are rendering a small part of the 9k image at the end V-Ray needs to calculate Lens Effect for the full resolution and that might take a while.
    Other factor that could slow the things down is the image save, again even with region render V-Ray will save the full image to the HDD unless Don't Save Image checkbox is enabled.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Cool, cheers.

Do you know when the camera zoom will be available in the Frame Buffer?
      To avoid rendering the 9K image, just to see the limited region.

Cheers

Comment

We do support 2d pan and zoom (in maya camera's settings > Display options > 2D Pan/Zoom). It should be more or less the same thing, only with the controls being in the camera shape's attributes. Would this work for you?
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex

Yes, this sounds good.

I guess if we have the test render set to say, 25%, then the Zoom could be 0.25 to mimic the res at 100%? avoiding the overhead of the 100% render size (if that makes sense).

(have posted that the new nightly cancels out all test render resolutions - only rendering at 100% size, so this is would not work currently).

Cheers

Comment

Yes, we already have a note about the test resolution.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X