Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Maya 2017, deleting a new-style renderLayer can cause V-Ray for Maya to get the layers confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Maya 2017, deleting a new-style renderLayer can cause V-Ray for Maya to get the layers confused.

We're noticing that if you delete one of the new-style renderLayers with V-Ray for Maya (I've tested version 3.52.03), V-Ray can get the renderLayers mixed up. I rolled back to 3.40.04 and the problem does not happen. In both cases I'm using Maya 2017 (update 4). From what I can tell, V-Ray for Maya is using the physical index into the renderLayer list instead of the logical index. Here is an example workflow that fails in 3.52.03...
    • Start Maya 2017
    • Load V-Ray for Maya 3.52.03 (have not tried later versions)
    • Render Setup
    • Create 3 renderLayers
    • Render Settings
    • Render Using=V-Ray
    • Tab=Common
    • Cycle through the ?Render Layer? pulldown and the FileName: should match the selected layer,
    • Delete the FIRST renderLayer and cycle through the ?Render Layer? pulldown again and the FileName: field is incorrect. It's off by one.

So when it's broken, the FileName: field is off by one (for example, when you had renderSetupLayer1, renderSetupLayer2 and renderSetupLayer3 existing, then delete the first one and select renderSetupLayer2, the FIleName: field says "rs_renderSetupLayer3/untitled.png". It is off by one. It should say "rs_renderSetupLayer2/untitled.png" to match the current layer selected in Render Settings.

Thank you for reporting. There will be a fix for this issue in 3.6.
    V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X