Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscene from 3dsmax doesn't load

Hi,

I'm just doing some workflow testing from 3dsmax 2016 into Maya 2018.

All I have done is a vrscene export from 3dsmax, but trying to load it in Maya through the Vray scene manager all I get is this error message and no file load:

// Warning: Evaluator for "drawdb/geometry/VRayScene" classification was created but is just compatible with the current drawing API. To get full support, please implement with OpenGL CoreProfile APIs and update supportedDrawAPIs(). //

We are on Vray 3.60.01 in Max, and using the

I've tried collapsing all geometry in the max file, but still no joy.

I was hoping to just be able to export the vrscene from max and use the Mayabatch commandline to render the file.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

That's a warning that the current display driver is working (probably you're on OpenGL Compatibility mode), but there "might" be problems with the new "Strict" OpenGL driver (in maya's settings). We'll look into the warning itself, but I think it should not have anything to do with your scene not displaying. Do you see the scene as an object in the outliner? Can you select it from there and hit "f" to frame the camera to it? It might be imported at some distant coordinates, depending on where objects were in max originally? Also, since max uses "Z" as the up-vector, while maya uses "Y", you can select the vrscene from the outliner and in the attribute editor set "flip axis" to "flip" and see if that makes any difference.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,

Looks like the vrscene file came in at a massive size (which is why I couldn't see it)

Scaled it down to 0.1 and it displayed fine.

Comment

Working...
      X