Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Maya plugin for V-Ray shader

Hello,

I have created some custom V-Ray plugins for Maya which I can access using the Create->V-Ray->Create from V-Ray Plugin. I'd now like to improve the user interface so I've been trying to follow the instructions in the "V-Ray for Maya translator SDK" -> Shaders section of the documentation to create the accompanying Maya plugin.

I have used the vrayblinnmtl files from the vray/samples folder as a test shader, I've compiled the Maya plugin from this folder which I can now load from the Plug-in Manager in Maya (I had to add initializePlugin and uninitializePlugin methods for it to work) and I've added the shader description to desc.txt (shader description taken from samples/maya_plugins/vrayblinnmtl/readme.txt). However, I still can't see the material in the Hypershade...

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks very much,

Lindsey
    Last edited by AardmanCGI; 09-04-2014, 05:14 AM.

Probably you've missed some of the steps in "Creating the Maya plugin".
    Have you verified that you've done them all?
    Also have you loaded your plugin?
    V-Ray developer

Comment

If the shader loads in Maya, there is no reason why it will not show up in HyperShade... is this on Windows or Linux?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the replies - I have found the problem! I was testing with the vrayblinnmtl from the samples but what I had not noticed was that there was a separate cpp file with initialize and uninitialize functions - now I've compiled it using those specific ones (I had used more general ones before) it works perfectly.

Thanks very much for the help,

Lindsey

Comment

Ah ok then. Btw V-Ray 3.0 and the latest nightly builds of V-Ray 2.45 can automatically create hypershade nodes without the need of a special Maya plugin.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah ok, that's good to know. Thanks Vlado!

Lindsey

Comment

Working...
            X