No announcement yet.

VRay Plugin: How to get primitive id of polygon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an exception that was caught by the exporter. You can try Debug -> Exceptions from Visual Studio to break and see from where it is thrown.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

I turn on all the exception type when perform rendering. There's only a Win32 exception i got and no further information about the problem:

First-chance exception at 0x00007FFF9D961FD0 (vray.dll) in maya.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.
      If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

Is this information useful for you ?

Comment

Ok, will compile the code here and see what's wrong

Comment

The main problem is that the output attribute in your desc.txt is called OutColor, whilie it's outColor. So your texture doesn't export at all. This didn't crash for me though, make sure you don't replace the original desc.txt with yours. Or you put your desc.txt in another path?

The crash may be related to using uninitialized textures in your VRay plugin. In frameBegin() I can see only commented code. You should call at least the frameBegin() of the parent. It will cache your plugins, so they have valid values.

Comment

hi ivaylo,

Thanks for your kindly reply and I can get rid of crash now.

Let me back to the problem about connect any maya node to vray plugin node. As mentioned before i add one of the input parameter of my vray plugin node with statement like "addParam("any_node", paramtype_object, -1);" and i can connect maya node's(for example, a polygon shape node) "message" attribute to it. However when i generate the vrscene the connection is not recognized so that i can't have a description like this:

TexInputTypeTest InputTypeTestTex {
            any_node=pSphereShape2@mesh2;
            }

How to make vray aware of the connection and produce the corresponding statement in vrscene without doing post translate ?

Comment

It looks like we don't have the possibility to automatically translate nodes/meshes connections yet. However there is a possibility to translate a set containing geometries into a plugin list parameter. We can add translation of nodes/meshes, if you want, or maybe you can use a set? Just let me know.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We don' have a texture that export single mesh. For a set of meshes, check the VRayDistanceTex, the objects parameter. It's declared as geomset. There are optional one letter suffixes:
                - I - to export instancers
                - L - to export lights
                - M - to export mesh lights
                - A - to always export, even template/invisible objects
                Like Vlado said, we can include support for single objects, it's just something we haven't used so far.

Comment

Working...
                X