Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A "Layered Texture Material" & more MODES for VrayBlendMaterial (Ability to layer a texture to Material OUTPUT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Layered Texture Material" & more MODES for VrayBlendMaterial (Ability to layer a texture to Material OUTPUT)

Hello,

I have very often the situation, that there is a "final" shader and I only need to create from it different versions
    with variations of one channel (diffuse channel for example).

Imagine different numbers on the t-shirts of a football team, but everything else stays the same.

Currently I have to create huge shader networks for a simple task.
    Even the Blendmaterial isn't able to multiply just another diffuse over the BaseMaterial.

- It would be good, if there were many more modes for the BlendMaterial available (at least multiply and screen)

- And it would be great, if there would come a "Layered Texture Material" with all layer modes available,
    for layering channels to a material without having to create another third shader.

Thanks for reply

Last edited by BeneZ; 16-04-2019, 11:42 AM.

I agree that a couple of additional modes for the blend material -- especially multiply -- would be useful.

Comment

There might already be ways of making such setups relatively easy with what's already in V-Ray, or we might need to push something just a little bit further.
      I don't think that blending operations can be applied to shaders in the same way they can be applied to textures.

For example, making only one texture different between multiple objects with the same shader(s) can be done with user attributes. We might just make it easier to setup somehow (we're open to ideas).
      Then for doing variations - it's on our list to add gamma/hue variations for easily making similar setups.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X