SurfaceShader with physical camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SurfaceShader with physical camera

Would it be possible to get Maya's "SurfaceShader" working as intended with Vray Physical Camera (physical exposure)?

For the longest time I thought SurfaceShader didn't work at all in Vray, only to find it works perfectly as intended in every other aspect until physical exposure is ticked on.

Before transitioning to Vray I traditionally used it on virtually every project in MentalRay to place NCS colour reference spheres to match clients specs, and it's been invaluable. Vray's Physical Camera and Exposure are too good to live without.

You could use the VRayLightMtl material with the "compensate camera exposure" option.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I love it when I'm wrong! Thank you Vlado for the confirmation.. it works fine using VrayLightMtl instead.

I had tried VrayLightMtl inside a VRayMtlWrapper before, I was sure, and ended up with a colour mismatch. I tried again now.. and of course I'd messed up with Linear workflow before. Feeding the NCS reference dots with a Gamma Correction node @4545 works great.

Comment

Working...
      X