vrayLightProperties like in Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayLightProperties like in Max

Hey, I went through bertrands blog and did the tutorial from http://www.3dtotal.com/tutorial/3d_s...austics_01.php. Within Max we have a vraylightproperies tab. As far as I noticed, in Maya it´s missing. So is there a way to achieve that workflow within Maya? What I tried was to set the vraylight's caustics multipier@Photon emission to 0 and placed a spotlight, which was linked to nothing. That worked so far but very noisy. Far away from the result shown in the video. So I pushed up the Vray Caustic Subdivs from 500 to about 3000, which results in a smoother rendering but also with longer rendertimes...
    Maybe I'm missing a big point here, since I'm relatively new to the whole stuff, but I didn't get any solution.
    best regards,
    sacha

The parameters from the V-Ray light properties dialog are part of all VRayLight's; for standard Maya lights, you can add specific V-Ray attributes to them. There is some more information here: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...xtr_attrib.htm

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, I know that, but I don't have the ability to choose "Don't generate caustics" in the vary-lights. Or is it the same, when I put "0" in Caustics multiplier"?
      best regards,
      sacha

Comment

You could just put 0 caustics photons, no?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes I can Was not sure if that's the right way.. Thx
          best regards,
          sacha

Comment

hmmm.. again playing with the caustics for a pool. Would it be possible to have an option in the VrayPropertiesNode to turn caustics generation for lights off? Or maybe set a general value for all lights linked to that VrayPropertiesNode? The way to set every light in the scene to generate 0 caustic photons is a bit hard, if you have many lights in the scene.
            best regards,
            sacha

Comment

Working...
            X