Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy show whole mesh + motion blur + interpolation

Hi,
    Currently, we are working on a feature film. We use Vray for all the film but we don't use VRay for FX (fluids for example).
    We import proxies in the scene, and we use the option : "show whole mesh" to render the "mesh" in black hole in other renderer, like MR for fluids.

The problem is :
    - when we create the proxy and not add the velocity in the proxy, the "whole mesh" have the correct position.
    - when we create the proxy with the velocity, like start = -0.25, end = 0.25, the whole mesh is not in the center (it is in -0.25 position).

So we can not match with the exact position. We tried to move the offset animation, and set it to +0.25, but the whole mesh doesn't move.

My question is : it is possible to have an option to have the interpolation of the whole mesh (to have the whole mesh in the center) ?

Thank you.
    www.deex.info

I will see if this can be changed, but why don't you export the velocity with 0/0.5 instead?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Because we use the proxy with Vray, with motion blur setted to 0.5/0. So we need to have the velocity of the proxy to -0.250/+0.250.
      If i set the velocity of the proxy to 0/0.5, it will not work with motion blur to 0.5/0 in Vray, but with the motion blur to 0.5/0.250 (or i say something wrong ?), and the motion blur will not be in center frame.

Edit : say me if it is worng : if i set the proxy velocity to 0/0.5, i import it and set the offset to -0.25, and the motion blur to duration 0.5/ interval center 0, it will be the same as export the proxy with the velocity to 0/0.5, set the offset to 0, and the motion blur to 0.5/0 ?

I have the same result but i want to be sure.

Edit : Erf, it doesn't work with 0/0.5
      Last edited by bigbossfr; 26-11-2011, 11:26 AM.
      www.deex.info

Comment

No, it won't work this way... I've made a note to implement this properly. How urgent do you need this?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Not very urgent because we have a work around. We create the proxy 2 times : one with motion blur (for Vray), one without motion blur (for FX in other renderer. It is in center but we havent MB).
          All do not match exactly but we use this just for FX (cloud particles, fluids). So it's working.

There is an another "bug" (it is not a bug i think) : to create all proxies, we use the renderfarm. Each computer create one proxy like :
          - proxy.0001.vrmesh ----> computer5
          - proxy.0002.vrmesh ----> computer1
          - proxy.0003.vrmesh ----> computer8

So we can create quickly a lot of proxies.
          After, we import all proxies like : proxy.%04d.vrmesh
          The problem is : all options in the proxy doesn't work with this format (%04d), like playback type, etc etc...

Thank you Vlado.
          www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
            The problem is : all options in the proxy doesn't work with this format (%04d), like playback type, etc etc...
            Yes, it is true... V-Ray doesn't know how many files are there so it can't implement the loop, ping-pong etc. types. We could add a parameter where you can manually enter the sequence length, if you need the other types.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Yep, add an atribute will be great.
              And, if you have time (not important), in the menu ---> create ---> Vray ---> import Proxy, add a checkBox like : "import as animated separated files" (i have a bad english ahahah).
              When this checkBox is checked, when we click on "create", Maya will check how proxy we have with the name proxy.####.vrmesh, Maya will create the proxy with the syntax %04d, and set the new sequence length attribute automatically.
              www.deex.info

Comment

Hi Bigbossfr,

This feature should be available in the next nightly build.
                Please test it and report if there are any problems with it.

Best regards,
                Teodor
                V-Ray developer

Comment

The multiscatter plugin is in beta for maya now. You may be able to ask them to approve you for beta testing. (They sent it to me, but I've been so busy, no time to test it.)
                  (Multiscatter for max automatically creates proxy's with ping pong, loop, offset,.. etc and works quite well)

Comment

Working...
                  X