X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet. Will post here when it is.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ohhh it's GOOOOD, and works perfectly. Thank you ! Now, if only it worked on CUDA RT

Comment

Originally posted by ricoholmes View Post
        Ohhh it's GOOOOD, and works perfectly. Thank you ! Now, if only it worked on CUDA RT
        We'll get to that...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado + the rest of the Chaos Group devs - THANK you very much for this in 3.3. It's been a dream to work with Maya now to add in random colours and effects to our renders, the effect this has on realism is really important. I'm practically using it on every shader now!

Just wondering too are there any plans, or is it technically possible to add in "random by face id" as well?
          Maya 2020/2022
          Win 10x64
          Vray 5

Comment

Internally the faces are triangulated, which I guess will be an issue. Technically, the polygon index can be restored, but it will be more complicated. Will any of these indices help for something?
            V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

I see.

I noticed in another thread "random by shell" is being added to the nighties, which sounds perfect. I guess the need to do this is because I'd love to be able to randomise leaf colours on a proxy mesh. Although reading through the aforementioned particular thread, this comes with it's own challenges. I'll keep an eye on this but again it's so useful in V-Ray now to be able to do this, it's great.
              Maya 2020/2022
              Win 10x64
              Vray 5

Comment

Working...
              X