Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Far-fetched idea ? Control rays with VRayDistanceTex....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far-fetched idea ? Control rays with VRayDistanceTex....

Hi,
    Yes, my brain is crazy, but imagine, do you think it is possible to control rays with a VRayDistanceTex ?
    With this we can :
    1) Link all rays on all objects (for example : reflect an object on an object but not on another)
    2) Control the distance of the rays depending of another object
    For all rays (Gi, refl, refr, primary...)

Crazy idea, crazy optimization, i know....
    www.deex.info

So how would that work?

Reflection/refraction sets do not really need the distance texture, they can be implemented in more efficient ways.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      So how would that work?

Reflection/refraction sets do not really need the distance texture, they can be implemented in more efficient ways.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      For example, the reflection have a distance limit by object. If my object A is far from an object C, my object A do not reflects on the object C, but my object B is far also, and it reflects on the object C.
      The trace set is based also on the distance of objects.

But the idea is perhaps to complicated. It is more a render theory than a wishlist, because the idea is to optimize the render time. And because it is too complicate, we will get the inverse result.
      Last edited by bigbossfr; 28-02-2013, 05:52 PM.
      www.deex.info

Comment

That would be a kind of "dynamic TraceSet" based on rayLenght.
        Tout would be great.... But "classic TraceSet" (a la PRman) would do the job for a start
        Sometimes it really miss.
        ex: A shader reflect every shape in a specific set, and as ExitColor we have a specific EnvMap

Comment

Working...
        X