Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joa_grilo View Post
    2- Dont know, How can I do it?
    You can start Maya with output from a terminal, using the following command:
    /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/Maya
    This way the terminal will act as an Output Window for Maya and all messages will be printed there, including VRay revision.
    Last edited by shaio; 30-04-2015, 04:34 AM.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Maybe this is now fixed in the nightlies.

But vraymaterials support in viewport 2.0 would be awesome in V-Ray 3 and Maya 2015+. Currently it is pretty basic and would be nice to have 2dfilenode texture scaling that worked properly, hi res textures and projection mapping support like lambert, phone etc..
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

There's almost next to zero documentation on Viewport 2.0, so we don't really know how to do things there; Autodesk doesn't seem to be too willing to explain anything. Plus, it's gone through so many revisions now in each Maya release that I prefer if we just focus on the renderer.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by snivlem View Post
          Maybe this is now fixed in the nightlies.

But vraymaterials support in viewport 2.0 would be awesome in V-Ray 3 and Maya 2015+. Currently it is pretty basic and would be nice to have 2dfilenode texture scaling that worked properly, hi res textures and projection mapping support like lambert, phone etc..
          There is no way to make this happen, except using the Autodesk new VP 2.0 API, since Autodesk seems to have abounded the previous one. All these issues you are pointing out are not ours. We tell Maya to give us a texture, and this is what we get. Moving to the new API will cause 2 new issues - another big chunk of code for yet another VP 2.0 API iteration to maintain, and you will loose the VRay lights support, since this new API doesn't support custom lights. Like Vlado said, there is no point to loose more time trying to catch up with Autodesk, at least until they provide finally an API that does everything right.
          V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

I understand, thanks for explaining the issue. I don't mean my post to come off as complaining, I did not understand there was such a complexity to this.
            Maya 2020/2022
            Win 10x64
            Vray 5

Comment

Working...
            X