Denoiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
    -well i see it has been updated to include a beta version *for* vray, (which is great, and im waiting with baited breath for a max version) but this is not the same thing as it being included *in* vray.
    I see your point. Well for the time being I hope it works well even if it is not fully integrated in vray.

Comment

Guys! Come on! Where's new download links ?
      I just can't seem to trust myself
      So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      CG Artist

Comment

Thanks everyone for your interest. We have our final release 1.0 builds done but we are also trying to launch our web site 2.0 and it's taking a bit more time than expected. Will go live with this new website most likely tomorrow (Tuesday Oct 27) and then post the Altus-Maya-VRay and Altus-Standalone builds earliest by COB Tuesday or latest by COB Wednesday. The way Altus-Maya-VRay plugin works is it comes with a Maya python script that will get loaded as an option within Maya GUI. User clicks on this Altus option, Altus GUI pops up, user inputs a few parameters and submits "render". The front end GUI will then take VRay parameters and Altus parameters, render the necessary AOVs, which serve as inputs to the backend denoiser, which is the Altus-standalone executable that does filtering. The front end GUI is provided as a starter, but can be modified by savvy users to do whatever they need to do. We are hoping this simple plugin architecture will make it very easy to use. The readme will be quite self-explanatory, so we hope it will be a smooth sail for our users. Please stay tuned.
        Last edited by innobright; 26-10-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Hehe, software releases... never knew one that happened on time as planned.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi All,
            Our revamped website innobright.com just went live a couple of hours ago. We have our Altus releases posted under Products. The site is still under construction and we should be done with all the critical website updates by end of this week, but you can now download the releases.

Enjoy Look forward to your feedback
            Last edited by innobright; 28-10-2015, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Does it work for you ? I can't run it, say output dir is not specified. Tho I edited .cfg and it IS specified. Why so hard to even run the gui
              CG Artist

Comment

The website is not working for me, I see the first page but clicking on any other link is not responsive...

edit: ok it's working now!
                Last edited by jstrob; 28-10-2015, 03:55 AM.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                Little Antman
                See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

error while installing

I am getting this error while installing:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	innobright.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	858734

Little Antman

Comment

Ok I installed it but now I can't run it either. I just see a blinking cmd prompt for a quarter of a second then nothing.

I'm on win 7 x64

Little Antman

Comment

Check the readme. You need to sets of images and need to add them to the cfg files respectively and then run the binary with the provided command line options.

Comment

Do you have to render twice a sequence of images in order to denoise?

Comment

Originally posted by VISUALMAN_TOKYO View Post
                          Do you have to render twice a sequence of images in order to denoise?
                          Yes, but with lower settings and different DMC random seeds. I'm hoping that this can be avoided, f.e. we can make V-Ray generate the two sets of images automatically or something.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The way the monte carlo denoiser works is it needs two sets of AOVs for the same frame generated from different random seeds. The random seed ensures that there is some non-zero variance between the two sets of AOVs and the filter uses this variance information along with the feature and color information of the frames. As Vlado mentioned, the script actually takes the specified SPP and divides it by 2, so you get two sets of rendered AOVs, each at 1/2 the SPP that you specified (hence the total render time of the two back to back renders should be close enough to the SPP).

Hope this helps.

Comment

I wonder, why there's no gui to manually load the stuff and look at the result ?

Feels so technical at the moment...
                              CG Artist

Comment

true,
                                As awesome as it looks, I don't think I would use this in production as it takes too much time to fiddle around.
                                A GUI or some sort of automated process would make it easier.

Stan
                                3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                                X