Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clip opacity and stochastic opacity

Hi,
    are Clip opacity and Stochastic opacity material options integrated in 3.2???

hope so
    really like your work and the style u guys are listening to us
    big thanks

they are not in the nightlies so i guess they are not implemented in the official release?

Comment

No, not yet. Getting there. You can simulate the clip opacity mode quite easily with a condition texture, I think.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        No, not yet. Getting there. You can simulate the clip opacity mode quite easily with a condition texture, I think.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I am curious to know how we can clip some polygons with a shading network please (?)
        www.deex.info

Comment

The option in the VRayMtl material in Max simply pushes the values of the opacity texture to full black (if it's less than 0.5) or full white otherwise. This avoids having many semi-transparent layers behind one another which is what actually slows down the render.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

With 3.3 officially released I was looking for the stochastic opacity feature, but could not find the opacity mode parameter anywhere. Has this been implemented in Maya, yet? If so, where to set the different modes?

Cheers, J

Comment

This feature is not completed yet so you won't find it in 3.30.02 release.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
              X