Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Clipper Improvements

Hi,

Really like the Vray Clipper due to its ease of use, however it does seem a little inflexible. For instance at the moment if you wish to make a pie cut using two clipper planes, instead of taking a slice out of a geometry it will leave the slice behind; so something like a termination point could be added so that it doesn't cut right through to infinity.

Alternatively adding a feature where you can pick a separate geometry as the cutting tool would be a more elegant solution, as it will allow you to make arbitrary cuts similar to what you get if you did render booleans using the Vray Distance Texture, but a lot less tedious to set up.

Having support for round edges for the clipped geometry would be great too!

Thanks,

Tak

Hello,

Internally we've already added the option to pick a separate geometry as the cutting tool. For now we are testing how this behaves in Max and after that it should be easy to add it to Maya too.

We'll think if round edges are possible too..

Best Regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thank you for your reply Yavor - sounds promising and I look forward to seeing it in Maya.

There's one more thing that I would like to add, and that is support for motion blur when you have animated clipping geometry. This is just a thought and is one of those "nice things" to have if it's possible but if you manage to implement the rest of the features you just mentioned then I'm sure most people will be satisfied.

Thanks,

Tak

Comment

Working...
      X