Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement/tesselation render information verbosity

Hi!
    Maybe I am just missing something and this is already implemented, but anyway:
    Do you think it would be possible to output some debugging information on existing displacement nodes in a scene? Like how many triangles are generated in which time for each shape/node? I always feel like I'm doing a lot of guesswork while setting up the displacements for my scenes and a little bit more verbosity on the output could help a lot here.

"VrayDisplacementNodeXX: Tesselation of 123456789 Triangles on polyShapeYY took 777 Seconds."

Oh, and an overall polycount of the whole scene (including proxies etc.) would be nice, too. Thanks!

This can be done for the static displacement surerly, but for the standard dynamic displacement, such statistics don't make sense.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Like Ivaylo said, it is possible for pre-tessellated displacement/subdivision, but for on-the-fly tessellation it's a bit difficult. With on-the-fly tessellation, V-Ray really doesn't know in advance how the tessellation will go - it may happen that only parts of the geometry are tessellated/rendered, or none at all if the object is not reached by any raytraced path.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Makes sense . But maybe you could write some info when rendering has finished or has been cancelled?

Comment

Working...
        X