Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object based render settings

Hello there.

I have a kind of a proble with rendering Hair and other small geometry in combination with "simple" geometry.
    In this example hair with xGen on a characters head.
    At the moment i render the hair and the rest of the body with different rendersettings in seperate layers.
    What is a bit problematic because of the fine detail of the hair and i dont want to use Nuke and deep compositing.

For example:
    For the Hair i set the Min Shading Rate to 1 because of the high amount of small geometry.
    But for the body i need to set a higher value (6) because i need more shading subdivs then antialiasing.
    When i render the Hair also with a value of 6, the render time gets to high for me and the result is also not very better.
    So a good thing would be to set for example for a specific object or material a different kind of rendersettings.
    Of course i dont know, if this is even possible to implement, but it would be great thing to have.

Ideally, you could use vrayObjectProperties and lower the subdivs Mult. parameter. The only problem would be that it will lower the shading rays to the object, but will also lower GI rays, shadow rays, essentially everything, but it should mostly do the trick.
    Currently, we have no option to only decrease specific type of rays per object.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Oh cool.
      This is exacly what i mean.
      I think i oversaw this funktion. It Works perfectly.
      Thank you man.

Comment

Great then
        Let us know should you have other questions.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X