MASH instancer Extra Vray Attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MASH instancer Extra Vray Attributes

Hi, I' been trying to use the instancer together with vray.

When using particles as a source I have the option to export per-particle attributes and with instancer overrides, Instancer PP Times.

This allows me to randomize colors and instancer times when instancing vray-proxies.
    However working with particles is fairly slow compared to just using the MASH node.

So I prefer to drive my instancer with the MASH network when possible.

Is it easy to do a similar implementation for MASH?

I looked at the .vrscene file and found that the instancer exported with nParticles included: user_float_pp_1 and for the instances parameter: hasInstanceTime and instanceTime.

If I modify the .vrscene and add similar values manually, the mash instancer also gets the time offset and randomized colors.

So it is doable. Should be easy to get time output PP and Colors PP from MASH right?

thanks!

/Erik

Hi,
    I need to make a few tests to check if this is possible and will talk with the devs if we could do something about it and add VRay Extra attributes to the MASH instancer. I'll get back to you with some more information.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

I've made a request for a new feature about this in our system. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more info regarding the progress of this feature.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Hi Chaos team,

Has some progress been made on this?
        We are in a similar situation and can't figure it out unfortunately.
        We are scattering vray proxies using MASH in instancer mode and we would like to generate some sort of object id aov where every instance would have a unique color. Is it doable somehow?
        Looking at the Mainframe website there seem to be a way of doing it using an aicolorjitter, but I believe there is not such a node shipping with vray. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X