Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modo displacement maps and Vray

Hi all,

I'm using a 16bit grayscale .tif as a displacement map in Modo. I'd like to use a VRscan along with my displacement map. Is this possible with Vray? If so is there a recommended workflow of any sort? I ask because I'm trying to make it work and it doesn't but I'm sure it's something simple. For example in the shader tree I might have an item mask that has only the Vrscan and a displacement map layer and that's it. I know each vray layer seems to have it's own displacement map settings. In addition there's the option to add vray geometry options and that too has it's own displacement settings. I'm a bit lost trying to figure this out. Any advice or workflow examples would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
    Rusty

You just need an image map layer set to the "displacement" effect.
    The V-Ray Geometry Properties are needed only if you want to set additional options.

Can you attach a scene that's not working or at least a screen-shot of the Shader Tree ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Is the displacement actually happening before the vrscene is created or when the rendering starts? I have quit some problems rendering displacement maps on render farms, especially when motion blur is on.

Comment

The displacement happens just before the rendering starts.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X