Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no word on Modo 15/ vray update

Hi,
    this is getting ridiculous and very rude. Why is it so hard to just let us know what plans there are for Modo.?
    most of us use vray for work, it is a business tool we need to rely on.
    I like vray for Modo, we have our workflows build around this software. Not communicating for so long is just bad practice and very rude to your customers.

Bart

V-Ray for Modo is seemingly dead and Chaos doesn't have the courtesy to just say it. They haven't even bothered to update the official customer download of V-Ray 4 (Next). The updated versions are buried in the nightly builds and the official download is still the original release build. Terrible way to treat paying customers.

I really wonder what happened here, since us customers are met with silence and V-Ray for Modo appears to be swept under the rug and forgotten.

Comment

The level of contempt shown for existing modo vray users is frankly astonishing for a company the size and scale of Chaos. Truely shamefull way to treat those who invested in your products. We can all live with EOL piece of software and migrate elsewhere , but to simply give no official communication on this issue is beyond belief.

Comment

I asked the service desk a couple of weeks ago what was happening, i got this back

"We refrain from giving any information about future products or releases before an official announcement is made. Regularly check our web site for any updates or news on the subject.
        Apologies for any inconvenience! "

I do agree this is becoming bad business practice and rude, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst

Comment

Well I saw some statistics on how often Vray was used on render farms in the last years and the arrow was clearly pointing downwards, Redshift and Cycles have gained a lot more and even Arnold could hold its state.

Comment

Hi, Chaos Group

A post by svetlozar.draganov, a staff member of the Chaos Group three days ago, was most important to MODO users but has been removed.

The content was sad, but I thought it wasn't necessary to delete it because it was sincere.

I want to know the reason for the deletion.

(I used Google Translate. There may be some mistakes in the text.)
            Last edited by shingohiga; 06-12-2021, 11:20 PM.

Comment

We apologize for the erroneous message that was sent last week regarding the future of V-Ray for Modo. The Modo 15 release has made it very difficult for us support with our product, and we are continuing to investigate ways to make it possible.

- Phil
              - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                We apologize for the erroneous message that was sent last week regarding the future of V-Ray for Modo. The Modo 15 release has made it very difficult for us support with our product, and we are continuing to investigate ways to make it possible.

- Phil
                And this, my friends, is how it looks like, when you're getting "Friendzoned"
                Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
                Radetzkystrasse 102 a
                A-6845 Hohenems
                Austria

Comment

It wasn't "very difficult" for Otoy to get Octane running in Modo 15. Or at least they didn't cry about it and development continues at a brisk pace.

What exactly is the great difficulty?

Comment

Would like to know the contents of the deleted message.

Comment

- Phil

Hi, Phillip Miller

The other day's message from Svetlozar.Draganov, I didn't think everything was wrong.

Please tell us the following in the content of the message.

・ Wrong content message
                      ・ Correct message

Can you tell us this to MODO users?

Below is the full text posted on December 4th and immediately deleted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, V-Ray for Modo users,

I want to apologize to all of you on behalf of the whole Chaos company for not answering important questions from your side. Chaos is a customer-driven company, and as such, no matter what the circumstances, we need to communicate very clearly our future plans with the customers supporting us throughout the years.

The news I'm going to share is not very pleasant, for which I would like to apologize once again on behalf of the whole company. V-Ray for Modo product is currently at an End Of Life planning, meaning that we do not plan to release a newer version like V-Ray 5 for Modo. What we are planing is to continue to provide support for existing customers in the form of bug fixes with the current version of V-Ray Next. In addition that that, V-Ray for Modo is going into a maintenance phase, which means we will support its existing V-Ray version (Next) on the latest Modo version.

Please note that the EOL plan is not yet fully completed. When ready, Chaos will send an official newsletter to all V-Ray for Modo customers with detailed information in regards to the most important questions every V-Ray for Modo customer would like to know more about.

On the behalf of Chaos, I would like to say Thank You to every single V-Ray for Modo customer for the loyal support through the years, I can promise you Chaos will do its best to help you in these difficult times.

Sincerely yours,
                      Svetlozar Draganov

Comment

As I mentioned in my first post, the message from Svetlozar was in error, as we are currently looking at what it will take to support V15.
                        Unlike many other plug-ins, the V-Ray integration is very closely integrated into Modo which gives it unique challenges to overcome.

- Phil
                        - Phil

Comment

As I mentioned in my first post, the message from Svetlozar was in error, as we are currently looking at what it will take to support V15.
                          Unlike many other plug-ins, the V-Ray integration is very closely integrated into Modo which gives it unique challenges to overcome.

- Phil
                          Hi, Phillip Miller

Thank you for answering MODO v15.

It would be great if V-Ray could be used with the latest MODOs from v15 and beyond!

However, I haven't received an answer about the Eol plan of V-Ray 5 for Modo.

V-Ray 5 for Modo is End Of Life planning, according to Svetlozar's message.

Is this "End Of Life planning" wrong, and will V-Ray 5 for Modo be released?

Comment

One step at a time We need to see if we can support Modo 15 first.
                            - Phil

Comment

Well I'd be interested to know how Svetlozar could have the situation so severely incorrect, if that is actually the case. Because there is no evidence at all that Chaos has any intention supporting Vray Next or Vray 5 in Modo 15. There is been no answer from Chaos on so many, many posts and questions across multiple channels. The fact that the first info in so, so long a time is supposedly incorrect and then withdrawn, followed by a very vague message of hope is not going to do anything to reestablish trust from the Modo Vray community. You could start by making a prominent message on your product page that there is no support for the current version of Modo. How about updating the official release to match the nightlies. Both things that have been asked for for a long time and would seem trivial to implement. And if Modo 15 is such a problem, why not reach out, publicly to Foundry for assistance. Because dropping of Vray is leading a lot of folks to doubt the future of both products. And a lot of people trying Octane who would not otherwise have even looked at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X