No announcement yet.

Still no word on Modo 15/ vray update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modo and V-Ray is a great combo. The implementation of V-Ray into Modo's UI and shadertree is really good, and V-Ray Distributed Rendering is the best - fast and so easy to use in a shared studio environment. I can only hope that we see V-Ray 5 and beyond for Modo. Many of you here have probably seen the discussions regarding the lax approach to Modo's marketing by the Foundry, and I feel that there is perhaps some opportunity here for both the Foundry and Chaos Group to have faith in the good products they have and support their continued development in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
      One step at a time We need to see if we can support Modo 15 first.
      Modo 15 is released 8 months ago and it's hard to imagine the ChaosGroup is still not sure if they can/will/want to support Modo 15. I mean, it's hard to understand after 8 months all there is to tell is this. Makes the developers at ChaosGroup look like a bunch of noobs as well which is not close to the experience I've with them. It's also hard to believe a renderer which is available for so many different 3d programs would be impossible to create for Modo.

So it's something more political I guess. One reason could be The Foundry doesn't want any V-Ray anymore so they resist to corporate with ChaosGroup. Second reason could be the ChaosGroup just doesn't want to put in the effort since Modo has a small market share, small userbase or something like that.

Anyway, I've the feeling ChaosGroup lacks respect towards the users of Modo/V-Ray to communicate open, honest and within a decent time to a question which is, like Modo 15, also 8 months old.
      V-Ray 6 Beta | Intel i9 9900K | 64GB | 1x 512GB EVO 970 Pro SSD | 1x 1TB Kingston SSD | 2x 6TB SATA | 1x 4TB SATA | 1x RTX 3090 24GB

Comment

Hello every,

Please accept my apologize for the confusion caused! Like Phillip Miller outlined, my message is erroneous and this is the reason for being removed.
        We understand perfectly that you want to know what is the future of V-Ray for Modo, this is something we are working on very actively right now and when ready, we will immediately let you know.
        I know you are waiting for a long time and you want immediate answers but I would like to ask you to give us a little bit more time on that.

Thank you very much in advance,
        Svetlozar
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Well, the case is finally closed. After this communication- and support mess over the last year, the only error you've made, Svetlozar, was writing a couple of days too early.
          Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
          Radetzkystrasse 102 a
          A-6845 Hohenems
          Austria

Comment

Its official dead now. I will never ever use Vray or any Chaos products. This company deserves to be ignored.

Comment

I don't blame Chaos Group, they tried to make it work with Modo. And as a fan of Modo, and one always interested in V-Ray, I greatly appreciated their attempt. I can't imagine if it was profitable for them on Modo, they would have discontinued it. I'm definitely disappointed though, V-Ray has allowed us to do things in Modo we wouldn't other wise be able to. We were able to import fur from Ornatrix (Maya) and water simulation from Houdini. I think I'm more disappointed with Foundry and Modo. They have one of the top high-end, industry used and proven render engines finally coming to their platform and they can't seem to capitalize on it. It seems like they're more focused on promoting niche uses with Modo than really getting it in use as a player in the entertainment and game industry. Look how V-Ray is promoted, what industries, and though Modo could very well play in those industries, they don't promote themselves that way.

Comment

There it is. I'm absolutely never touching a Chaos product again. Such a garbage company.

Comment

Originally posted by neverko View Post
                  There it is. I'm absolutely never touching a Chaos product again. Such a garbage company.
                  Seriously...why is it their fault. They obviously put forth an effort and dedicated resources to try an make it happen. If it was profitable, they would continue with it.

Comment

Originally posted by larry.vasquez View Post

Seriously...why is it their fault. They obviously put forth an effort and dedicated resources to try an make it happen. If it was profitable, they would continue with it.
                    Chaos doesn't really need you to be their hero. Read the room. Geez. There's always one...

Comment

Chaos doesn't really need you to be their hero. Read the room. Geez. There's always one...
                      So you can't defend your position? Cool.

Comment

So you can't defend your position? Cool.
                        My position doesn't need defending. Again, read the room. It's not a great time to be the contrarian defender.

Comment

Agreed. Only wish I could undo the decision to go all in on this product 2 years ago. Modo 14 does not run on current Mac OS so I have been screwed by Foundry and Chaos.

Comment

seriously? There is zero evidence they spent more than 5 minutes trying to bring vray next to Modo 15, let alone vray 5 to Modo anything.

Comment

My position doesn't need defending. Again, read the room. It's not a great time to be the contrarian defender.
                              I don't give my opinion because it conforms to everyone else. That's cowardly. I give it because I believe it to be accurate. If you don't like it, give a rebuttal or move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Hume View Post

seriously? There is zero evidence they spent more than 5 minutes trying to bring vray next to Modo 15, let alone vray 5 to Modo anything.
                                If it was profitable, they would continue with it. It's obviously not profitable. This isn't difficult. That's why I'm more disappointed in Modo development or community, that would not help make it a worth while venture.

Comment

Working...
                                X