Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetric Light from area or sun and sky

Hi guys,

How can I add volume to a light source in vray for modo? An example is if I shine a light through a gap in a box, I would like to see the light scatter. Not just see where the light hits a surface, but to see the light casting through within the darkness of the box and to see any obstructions cast a shadow due to the density of the light. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for any guidance.
    Gregg

You need to add a V-Ray Environment Fog or a V-Ray Aerial Perspective to your scene. For your case, it's probably better to use V-Ray Environment Fog.
    You can find both in the Item List under Add Item -> V-Ray Atmospheres.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

mm, I did add them both to try but i just couldn't physically see the light, only the effect it had when hitting the surfaces.

Comment

Then you probably need to make the fog more dense (i.e. lower the fog distance in the V-Ray Environment Fog) and make the light more bright.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Also by default the V-Ray Environment Fog has a height of 1m, which might not be enough in your case.
          You can turn off the height and select a gizmo instead.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev

Comment

i turned the light right up but still no luck. its just a test, the answer is going to be so simple I know it. One little thing I haven't done.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 18.10.00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	867800

Comment

How big is that cube ? Try disabling Use Height like I suggested.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Yep, That did it, cheers Vladimir.

Comment

Working...
                X