Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlad,

I have tried both the approach you recommend, BF+ LC and I have tried the approach that Garagefarm recommends IM + LC. Both have very obvious flickering and I can't see to get a good animation out of this scene. I wonder if something else might be setting me up for failure here.

This is a 2 second clip from my latest attempt doing the Pre-baked GI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2k13ycym5...%2BLC.mov?dl=0

Steps

1. Render first frame with these settings until building light cache is done. I stop the rendering and save the LC file.

Comment

Step 2: Load the LC and pre-bake the Irradiance Map using these settings:

Comment

And then render the final animation using the IM for Primary and NONE for secondary.

Comment

I have the same flickering in this method that I had trying the simpler to manage BF+LC. Which gives me some new hope that the BF+LC method might still work if I can figure out what the root cause fo the flickering is. I would appreciate any insights. If anyone wants the scene to troubleshoot, please PM me.

Comment

I have tried both the approach you recommend, BF+ LC and I have tried the approach that Garagefarm recommends IM + LC. Both have very obvious flickering and I can't see to get a good animation out of this scene. I wonder if something else might be setting me up for failure here.
            Yes, I did some tests and I also think it might be something else.
            I think you have some triangles that are on top of each other.
            For example I noticed that Color: 02 Whitewash* and Color: 02 Whitewash* (4) are partially the same mesh but repeated twice.

Try increasing the secondary ray bias to something like 0.8 millimeters.
            See attached image for where to find the option.

You might also need to disable Environment Importance Sampling as well, as that adds a hidden Dome Light, but it's missing the shadow bias parameter, which is used to fix these overlapping polygons.

1. Render first frame with these settings until building light cache is done. I stop the rendering and save the LC file.
            I think I mentioned it a couple of times already. Do not use fly-though mode from inside V-Ray for Modo, it's broken.

Step 2: Load the LC and pre-bake the Irradiance Map using these settings:
            In the screen-shot you are not loading the light cache, so step 1 would be useless.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X