Volumetric error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetric error

I'm using 'V-Ray Environment Fog' with a Directional Light set to Physical Sun & Sky. But I'm getting a some type of shadow in the upper right corner of the render and there isn't anything there

Hey, Larry,

Thank you for the post, Yes, this came from Sun - directional light. We have this one in our system, anyway as a workaround -- Increase the "Size Multiplier" option to a value of 100 for example.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Boyan. Keep up the great work with the Modo version.

Comment

P.s. the only problem I have when I up the Size Multiplier on the Direction Light is that I lose the 'God Rays' that I'm going for.

Comment

Well, thank you for the feedback, as a workaround -- I think, you have to use 2 "Direction lights" (the rotation channels of the second one is linked to the "SUN") one for env. fog and SUN. BTW, If your scene file is suitable for V-Ray GPU, the behavior is not reproduced on GPU.

Cheers
          Attached Files
          Last edited by boyan; 18-11-2019, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Thank you Boyan. I'll give that a try.

Comment

That's probably too late, but I had the same artifacts with VRay Next when using similar setup (V-Ray Environment Fog with a Directional Light set to Physical Sun and Sky).
              It looks like something invisible is clipping the Fog and this artifact is camera-angle-dependent, also only appears after applying Physical Sun and Sky to Directional Light.
              Also the godrays I was trying to create were barely visible and only at the top edge of a Fog (with Height specified) and completely invisible when camera was inside the Fog.

I found that disabling "Bumped normal check" in Directional Light was enough to fix the issue. Is it safe to disable?

Comment

Hey, Chabby,

Thank you for the post. If you don't have a reflection bump visible to the camera you can disable it indeed. Otherwise, this will affect the whole render.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                X