Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Next for Modo Not Rendering Spec Map

Hi

I though this was just a VRay Cloud issue (have posted on cloud forum and logged with support), but have just done a local render using VRay Next on my machine and spec map is pure black, even though on a preview render, it shows up correctly.

Is this bug fixed on the nightlies?

Many thanks!

Hey, Pali,

Thx for the information, could please change the GI settings secondary LC to BF, and if you provide me with the scene file I can be more specific. You can put a cube or sphere with the texture and material setup, I don't need the full scene for now.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

You are talking about the specular render element, right ?

In V-Ray Next, there are some changes to how we split a light's reflection between the reflection and specular elements, but my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details.

Can you try the "reflection" render element, and see if the missing information is there ?

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi Vladimir - thanks - yes, the reflection pass is ok. Should i just disregard the spec pass now?

Comment

No, I think it still has information in other cases.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Would be great to have the spec map somewhere like it used to be....

Comment

Hey, Pali,

thank you for the feedback I'm looking at it, I will answer today. As far as I can see, in your scene file, you've been disabled specular option in your V-Ray Light settings.

Cheers,

Comment

Hi Boyan

Thanks buddy! I was trying to follow Vladimir's example scene for caustics (which worked really well), so only one of the lights should have effect spec turned off, which was the one generated the caustics.

Im pretty sure that it's not just on this scene, as I've had exactly the same in another totally unrelated project, without caustics, where the spec map was totally black. I've just added the spec map from the RE windows like I always do.

If you need any more info, please just let me know.

Comment

Hey, Pali,

Thx for the feedback, well I think if this option is disabled, the only GI (Env.Dome) can create the specular output, otherwise, render will be black because there is no a source of rays for specular output.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                  X