Black Pixel Squares in Diffuse Output when rendering Atmospheric effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Pixel Squares in Diffuse Output when rendering Atmospheric effects

When ever I render a scene with atmospheric effects and output my image in layers, such as diffuse total and atmospheric I get black pixel random in the image. All render settings are default, so I wonder why?
    The atmospheric output is correct, its just diffuse having these issues. Sample below
    Attached Files

Hey, Robert,

Thank you for the post. Could please check if this is NaN pixel (use VFB pixel information button - "i") negative pixel value or there're missing buckets? Share the result with us here.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Its NANs. when layering exr outputs they burn in negativ. Clamping the low value helped on some layers. Transparency output was mostly hit by NANs, even in areas where the image was just black.
      The Diffuse Direct and Diffuse Indirect worked. So I layered both to simulate the Diffuse Total output.

Comment

Hey,

Thank you for your answer. Could please take the screenshot when you're using pixel info on top of it or best is to get the scene if possible.

Cheers,

Comment

Can you pick it from Chaos Cloud ? Its a quite large scene with many textures. The pixel info is only available in VFB ? Does it mean I have load the rendered exr?

Comment

Hey,

I can't do it without your permission so you have to give me/us grant permission and send me by e-mail the job id and permission to use the scene for testing purposes or you have to send me later as a link from dropbox or any other cloud services.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Working...
            X