Still not sure why Vray not respecting "Visible to Camera"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still not sure why Vray not respecting "Visible to Camera"

Using the latest version of Vray Beta for Modo. Here's what the latest ReadMe doc says....

>>(*) Shader Item: The "Receive Shadows" option now works in V-Ray. The "Control Visibility", "Cast Shadows", "Visible to Camera", "Visible to Indirect Rays",
    >>"Visble to Reflection Rays" and "Visible to Refractions Rays" already worked in V-Ray;

But look at the attached image. I assign a custom shader and I turn off "Visible to Camera", yet in Vray the object remains visible.

Am I doing something wrong?

Robert N.Click image for larger version

Name:	VrayShader.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	881226

No, you are not doing anything wrong.
    We don't support shaders connected directly to items, the Shader needs to be in the shader tree. It is on the todo list to fix this.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

So if you want to fix this before we fix the item shaders, you need to move the Box material above the "Base shader" and add a new Shader item below the "Box" group and above the "V-Ray material".
      Then set the visibility in this new shader item.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
      X