Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayTexBitmap not in error mode when path is invalid

Hi all,

I just brought some old setups back online for an article and noticed that the VRayTexBitmap node does not throw an error when it is pointing to an invalid file path.
    This makes it a lot harder to re-connect nodes after file paths have changed. Also, Nuke's API to query the error state of a node is useless to auto-fix things like this.
    Can this be fixed please so that the node is in error when it cannot read the file path?

Cheers,
    frank

Hi Frank,

Yes indeed the VRayTexBitmap node is not put in an error state based on the validity of the filepath.
    Long story short, I have implemented it at some point and used in the VRayVRScene node, but I did not globally apply it to all other nodes using a filepath knob such as the VRayTexBitmap, as well as VRayProxy or others filepath users.
    This can be fixed fairly quickly.
    Are you using the VRay Next for Nuke release ? Do you have access to the nightly builds ?
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Christophe,

I am using Vray Next and have access to nightlies, but there is no rush from my side at all. Just thought I'd mention it so it can be fixed next time around.

Cheers,
      frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

Just to let you know that the fix is now available in the latest nightlies.
        Now any of our node using a filename knob as an input will be validated and possibly put in error state if the path cannot be resolved (ex: incorrect path) which will be also flagged in Nuke DAG.

Chris
        Christophe COT
        Software Developer - Chaos
        christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X