Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with lighting, reflections and shadows

Hi there
    I am a compositor so am new to all this vRay 3d stuff.

So this issue is, in my scene I have a piano and a sphere, reflecting and catching lige that I am working with.

I also have a nuke card with a checker on it

Issue being in the spere I have a great reflection of the floor along with light and shadow, problem is that the floor actual floor does not show what is happening in the shpere reflection.

I tried the quick star with the globe and checker floof, I had the same issue there also.

You will have to put an HDRi of your own in to check it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated

-adam
    Attached Files

Hi Adam,
    What do you mean exactly with "the actual floor does not show what is happening in the sphere reflection" ?
    I had a quick look at your scene and at first sight I don't notice anything wrong - you have a reflective sphere and a non-reflective floor.
    Can you post a screenshot showing exactly what is the issue you notice ?
    Thank you,
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the scene.

When having a reflective object - its reflection will depend on the reflection color of the material applied to it. Where a value of 1 or white color will mean fully reflective and a value of 0 or black color will mean no reflection.

In the case of the Car Paint material you're using for the sphere - it has a base reflection color amount and a Coat reflection color and a Coat Strength parameters in the Other tab of the material settings. So these will control how reflective your object will be.

If you wish to get a Chrome like reflection, where everything gets reflected, set the Coat Reflection color to white and the Coat Strength to 1.

Hope this helps!

Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

Working...
      X