Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Next lens effects plugin for Nuke - where can we access it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, confirming Lens Effects and VRayDenoiser latest releases for Nuke 14.0 aren't working for 14.1 on Windows (as expected for a point release change). On creation, VRayDenoiser.dll: "The specified procedure could not be found." Is there an estimate when these will be updated again (also for Nuke 15)? Thanks,

Jens

Comment

We'll see to it, although I can't share any ETAs right now.
      How urgent is this for you? We may be able to look into it in January, will this be OK?
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
        We've updated the lens effects and denoiser plugins and they're now compatible with Nuke 14.
        You can download them from the usual place: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAY4TOOLS/Misc+Tools
        Hello. Any plans to update it for Nuke 15? I tried install for Nuke 14, but it give an error
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	66
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1201141

Comment

Yes, coming soon. We've built them internally for 14.1 and 15 and we're currently running some tests to verify everything is in order.
          Once we've made sure all is good - I'll post an update here.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Alright, we've uploaded the builds for 14.1 and 15.0 at the usual location. Let us know if all is good, our tests didn't uncover anything our of the ordinary.
            https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAY4TOOLS/Misc+Tools
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Will these work in Nuke 15.1 ?

Comment

There's a chance they don't, since Nuke usually break compatibility with point-releases.
                Feel free to try it out and let us know if it doesn't.
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                www.chaos.com

Comment

I have to preface this with, I have never tried it in any other version of Nuke. But when I try to install VRayLensEffects for Nuke 15.1 I do see the VRay menu, and When I try to add a node I get this:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	0
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1211324

That path is correct, and was set in the environment variable per the README (and yes, it is vray_nuke_lenseffect/ with no "s", even though the readme showed an "s" the actual path did not have one.

If I copy the path of the dll I get:
                  "C:\Program Files\Nuke15.1v1\plugins\vray_nuke_lenseffect\VRay LensEffects.dll"

Note I tried putting the path in double quotes in the environment variable dialog "C:\Program Files\Nuke15.1v1\plugins\vray_nuke_lenseffect" That did not work at all, it would not even find the vray menu.
                  I tried putting it in quotes and using forward slashes. Still no luck. I tried forward slashes only, no backslashes, no quotes. It finds the menu, but I get the same error as above (but with forwards slashes).

It looks like no quotes is correct, but something is not being found (entry point changed perhaps?)

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X