Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray next for revit out now!!!

Hello everyone,

We are more than happy to announce that V-Ray Next for Revit has been launched officially! We know it took quite a while but we are sure that it was worth the wait!

It was quite difficult to summarize what we’ve done but below are some of the highlights. Everything can be seen in action in our official release video (click here to watch it).

A brand new Asset Editor (which some of you might already know from V-Ray for Sketchup/Rhino) introduces new streamlined materials workflow.
    We know entourage is part of the spices that make renders stand out, that’s why we extended the possibilities to customize it the way you want. Select between render-ready V-Ray Scene files (.vrscene) or V-Ray proxies (.vrmesh) and replace not only RPCs but also other Revit families. Everything happening at render time only and keeping your Revit model and documentation completely clean!
    On top of this, we’ve added a setting which will help you randomize entourage instances to easily visualize surrounding forests and more.
    With many additional functionalities, the Asset Browser becomes the main tool to control how Revit assets appear on your renderings, and therefore its new name -> Appearance Manager.
    All V-Ray settings are now stored within your Revit project and you will also be able to adopt your co-workers’ settings when collaborating over the same model.
    We’ve also made it possible to visualize, understand and evaluate your design’s true illumination levels through V-Ray’s Lighting Analysis render element.

We’ve brought the intelligence of V-Ray Next straight into Revit to help you get the right image more easily and quickly. V-Ray Next includes half-cut render times thanks to numerous core optimizations and a smart new Adaptive Dome Light algorithm, automatic exposure and white balance, realtime AI Denoiser, a lot of GPU improvements, fully redesigned Lens Effects settings, and more.

To make your work even more efficient, we also have the following: support for Revit Decals, direct render saves from the VFB, custom image background separated from the lighting simulation.

A full list of all improvements and bug fixes can be found on the release notes section on our documentation page. (click here to explore the changelog)

As usual, the trial is available for download on our official website.

We are curious and can’t wait to hear from you! You can reach out to us via the forum or at support@chaosgroup.com

Happy rendering!
    The V-Ray for Revit team
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Is this latest version of V-Ray Next an upgrade for previous versions of V-Ray 3.7.50 or do we need to buy a new license? I have V-Ray 3.7.50 - do I need to buy a new license now or do I have to upgrade only within that one?

Comment

Hello Marek,

Yes, you will need to upgrade. For more details, however, I would recommend you to drop a line at support@chaosgroup.com

Ana
      Ana Lyubenova
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Revit
      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Is this update part of my active license free for me? do I have to pay for this upgrade. Upgrade for Revit is payable every year. With Revit 2019, I need to pay for the subscription to have the 2020 version. How is V-ray next for Revit? Is it part of your version 3.70.5 as a free upgrade or is it already paid upgrade?

Marek.

Comment

It is paid, as V-Ray Next is a major version.
          Ana Lyubenova
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Revit
          www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Is it cheaper for those who already have a lower version?
            Marek

Comment

Of course. You can check our website for details. At the bottom of this page.
              Ana Lyubenova
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Revit
              www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
              X