Vray Cosmos Lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Cosmos Lights not working

I added some cosmos lamps in the scene but I can't turn them on in the render. Is it possible for them to be source of lights or are just furniture?
    Thanks in advance

Hi matteo_vitali ,

Which version of V-Ray for Revit do you use?
    Cosmos lamps have embedded light sources, so it's not necessary to use the family built-in light source. Can you please make sure that the Artificial Lights toolbar button is enabled, and the Camera EV is set to a value lower than the default one (for example try with 6)? Let us know the result.

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi,
      my V-Ray version is 5.00.03.
      Artificial Lights are enabled, I tried to set a new value for the EV exposure and I start to see that lamps make light when I'm around -5. Nevertheless when I turn this value down the light coming from windows become completely white and the result is overexposed.

Thanks again,
      MV

Comment

Matteo,

The issue you describe was fixed in a hotfix after version 5.00.03. Currently, the most up to date version of V-Ray for Revit is 5.10.06 and I recommend you to download it. Here is a link.
        As for the environment light, you can decrease its intensity to avoid overexposure.

Let us know the result once you install the latest version.

Best,
        Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X