Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray 5 for Revit, Asset editor can't download materials. Missing permissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray 5 for Revit, Asset editor can't download materials. Missing permissions?

Hi everyone.
    I installed the newest version of V-ray 5 for Revit (file name: vray_adv_51006_revit_win_x64), and when I opened up a new project and checked out the asset editor, I noticed that there are no default materials. The asset editor just gives me a message saying: The asset library could not be found or it cannot be created because of missing permissions.
    What does this mean and how can I fix this?

I have attached an image of the Asset editor.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Asset editor issue.JPG
Views:	1800
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1112887

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hello,
    I have a problem.
    I bought a V-Ray for Revit, but I can't download assets after installation. (... something went wrong ...) I tried to modify config.json, but without success.
    Is it not possible to download the assets package in any other way?
    Thank you

Comment

Dear JaniNaumis, hello.

Please create a new folder in Documents named V-Ray Material Library and choose it in the Advanced mode of installation.
      Here it is visually explained.

It will be helpful to confirm - have you installed another V-Ray 5 for Revit build before or not?

Hello to you too, michal_mrzek.
      Please make sure that your antivirus software has an exception for Chaos Cosmos. Which was the new location that you have pointed out in the config file?
      Its should be a local directory. For example:
      Code:
      [COLOR=#4e5f70]"working_dir":"C:\\Users\\[/COLOR][COLOR=#e74c3c][B]YOUR USERNAME[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#4e5f70]\\Documents"[/COLOR]
      If you are still experiencing this, please use our contact form and add this forum link in the description.
      Then we will be able to arrange a TeamViewer session and provide live support.

Best regards,
      TS
      Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
      3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Good day,
        thank you for answer.
        The problem will be that I have a corporate firewall installed on my PC.
        I need to find a way which addresses need to be released for the upgrade assets to run properly.
        Thanks

Comment

Okay, thank you for sharing.
          Check this out. We will investigate further if needed. Just let us know.

Have a wonderful day!
          Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
          3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X