Works for Revit 2017 but not 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Works for Revit 2017 but not 2016

I am having this weird issue where I am able to render in Revit 2017 but not in Revit 2016. It acts as though it is going to render with the Frame Buffer window opening but the progress bar never starts and the frame buffer remains black. Its as if the render stalls out. Not sure what to do to fix it. I have tried adjusting the rendering settings several ways but they all have the same result. Even trying with RT rendering has the same result. Please help if you have any suggestions.

Hi Jeff,

Do you render the same project in both Revit versions? Do you run both Revit versions simultaneously? Which is your V-Ray for Revit version (the one at the bottom of the About window)?
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Lyubenova View Post
      Hi Jeff,

Do you render the same project in both Revit versions? Do you run both Revit versions simultaneously? Which is your V-Ray for Revit version (the one at the bottom of the About window)?
      I am only able to open the project in Revit 2016 (since upgrading causes some issues with the model). I only run one version at a time though since I only have 1 license. V-Ray works fine in Revit 2017, just not 2016. version is 3.50.02 (elec17f)

Comment

I think I may have figured out the problem. I tried rendering an image with another (smaller) file and it worked fine. It could just be that my model is so large that it just takes forever for it to actually initialize the rendering. Any way of section boxing or making it so the rendering doesn't try to take the entire model into account when rendering from a camera perspective?

Comment

We are working on improving this for the upcoming release.
          How big is your model, Jeff?
          Ana Lyubenova
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Revit
          www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Lyubenova View Post
            We are working on improving this for the upcoming release.
            How big is your model, Jeff?
            It is 237 MB with half a dozen other models linked into it. It is for a new high school and has all the structural, architectural, MEP, fire protection, etc. linked into it.

Comment

Oh, I see. Do you need all of them for the rendering? If not, you can unlink some of them and try to re-render.
              Ana Lyubenova
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Revit
              www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
              X