Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revit Cloud Model Freezes after Sync

Hi,
    I have a team of six working in a revit model. We are using Vray for Revit to render. Revit 2023.0.11.19. Vray 6.10.03.
    Whenever we sync the process completes successfully, but revit then freezes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	165
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1198929

Dear pierre_roberson1​, hello.

Thank you for contacting us.
    Please take a look at this forum thread and confirm are you experiencing a similar thing.

In order to be more helpful, please answer the following questions:
    • Is the Central model located at BIM 360 or on a local server?
    • Are all six people working with V-Ray (is V-Ray enabled on these six machines) or not?
    • With how many files (this only or more) are you seeing this behaviour?
    Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hello, my problem is similar, though not exactly the same as what's described in the other thread.

We are able to sync successfully, but after syncing the model freezes.

Comment

Hi again,

Please answer the additional questions as well + is the freeze visible if V-Ray is disabled during the sync?

Comment

Originally posted by tsvetomira.girginova View Post
          Dear pierre_roberson1​, hello.

Thank you for contacting us.
          Please take a look at this forum thread and confirm are you experiencing a similar thing.

In order to be more helpful, please answer the following questions:
          • Is the Central model located at BIM 360 or on a local server?
          • Are all six people working with V-Ray (is V-Ray enabled on these six machines) or not?
          • With how many files (this only or more) are you seeing this behaviour?
          Best regards,
          TS
          The model is located on BIM360
          Not everyone using Vray. 3 of 6 are using Vray
          It appears to only occur on one project at this time. We have another project that is in Revit 2022 that works fine so far
          If Vray is disabled (including after it being used) the model syncs fine with no freezing

Comment

@tsvetomira.girginova​ - Hi any thoughts or recommendations?

Comment

Hi, pierre_roberson1​.

Unfortunately this behaviour has been encountered previously with Revit 2023 and is logged in our system with REVIT-4329 number.

If we compare the non-problematic file (used with Revit 2022) and this one - is there a difference in complexity?
              Please also confirm that all V-Ray users are using the exact same V-Ray version - very important to ensure fluent working process.

Comment

Hi Pierre,

In order to assist you, we will need to reproduce the issue in our environment which might take some time.
                One thing that I don't get from the above description is if the freeze occurs to everyone in your group or to a specific user?

Regards,
                Ana
                Ana Lyubenova
                Product Manager
                V-Ray for Revit
                www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

tsvetomira.girginova​, we are all using the same version of Vray.

Ana Lyubenova​, the freezing occurs for any user that runs a Vray rendering and then synchronizes.

Comment

Ana Lyubenova​, I would be happy to add you to our Revit BIM 360 Cloud environment so that you can test it on your end. By the way, I spoke to my team an was informed that the issue is occurring on two projects at this time.​

Comment

pierre_roberson1, it would be great if you can add us to your BIM 360 environment. We might need 2 spots though - one for either me, or a QA on our end + one for a developer (because they need to identify where the issue occurs in the code).

However, we need to start with something simpler -> we'll need both the V-Ray and Revit log files generated after the freeze occurs. So, after the freeze occurs, on the machine it occurs, wait for the freeze to complete and then navigate to:
                      1. For the V-Ray for Revit log file -> C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 2024\Logs -> we need the most recently generated log file
                      2. For the Revit journal file -> C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 20**\Journals -> we need the most recently generated journal file
                      One more thing that needs a clarification. Is the rendering actually running during the synchronization?
                      Ana Lyubenova
                      Product Manager
                      V-Ray for Revit
                      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Lyubenova View Post
                        pierre_roberson1, it would be great if you can add us to your BIM 360 environment. We might need 2 spots though - one for either me, or a QA on our end + one for a developer (because they need to identify where the issue occurs in the code).

However, we need to start with something simpler -> we'll need both the V-Ray and Revit log files generated after the freeze occurs. So, after the freeze occurs, on the machine it occurs, wait for the freeze to complete and then navigate to:
                        1. For the V-Ray for Revit log file -> C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 2024\Logs -> we need the most recently generated log file
                        2. For the Revit journal file -> C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 20**\Journals -> we need the most recently generated journal file
                        One more thing that needs a clarification. Is the rendering actually running during the synchronization?
                        Hi Ana,

I am working with Pierre on this project so I will be moving forward with this issue.

I have located both the V-Ray and Revit log files, but am having difficulty attaching the .txt files to this post. Also, the freeze happens whenever V-ray is opened, whether the V-Ray frame buffer is open or not.

Let me know if need any more information, thank you!

Comment

Hi Stephanos,

You can email those files to me at ana.lyubenova@chaos.com

Thank you,
                          Ana
                          Ana Lyubenova
                          Product Manager
                          V-Ray for Revit
                          www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                          X