Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Standalone for Revit - Is it possible to import Vray Render Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Standalone for Revit - Is it possible to import Vray Render Settings?

Hi all! I'm working on a script using Vray Standalone for Revit. I'm rendering multiple adaptations of a vrscene file. I want to import my Vray xml settings file for one specific render so I can enable Z-depth. Is this possible?
    The documentation states:

"-configFile="path/to/config/file" – The path and file name to the V-Ray config file, which contains paths to the V-Ray plugins. Note that additional paths for V-Ray plugins can also be specified with the VRAY_PLUGINS_x86 and VRAY_PLUGINS_x64 environment variables. The default is vrayconfig.xml in the same folder as vray.exe.​"

Is this only relevant for plugins and not all the render settings?

Thanks!

Hello ria_chockalingam1​,

If you prefer not to modify the vrscene file, you have the option to use -parameterOverride. The command should be structured as follows: vray.exe -parameterOverride="<plugin-parameter-id>=<value>"
    You can also refer to our -help command for detailed explanations of each command - please check the example here..

Another approach is to edit the vrscene file directly by making the necessary adjustments within a text editor.

Als a third option, you can convert the .xml file to .vrscene and add the #include "settings.vrscene" command at the end of the vrscene file using a text editor.​
    You can also utilize a batch script. Here is an example:

cd "c:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\AppSDK\bin"
    copy /Y "c:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\AppSDK\scenes\nurbs.vrscene" %temp%\nurbs.vrscene
    copy /Y "c:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\AppSDK\scenes\nurbs.vrscene" %temp%\nurbs1.vrscene
    start vray --sceneFile "%temp%\nurbs.vrscene"
    echo include "sss.vrscene" >> "%temp%\nurbs1.vrscene"
    echo BRDFDiffuse VRayMtl1@diffuse { > "%temp%\sss.vrscene"
    echo color_tex=AColor(0.917638, 0.1, 0.117638, 1); >> "%temp%\sss.vrscene"
    echo } >> "%temp%\sss.vrscene"
    start vray --sceneFile "%temp%\nurbs1.vrscene"​

Comment

Working...
    X