RT Camera placement/movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT Camera placement/movement

Revit is a really special software, furthermore it's hugely popular. It's not perfect thought; for example the render camera placement is terribly gimped.
    Since there's no other way to place a camera in Revit; this basic functioanlity essentailly cripples the usefulness of v-Ray.
    I know fully well that in all other instances of v-Ray the camera placement/pointing is tied to the modelling software; I don't make this request lightly.

We need to be able to move the camera from within the V-Ray buffer.
    To my mind this necessarily involves RT enhanced with Panning, orbiting and rotating.
    Last edited by TimberKing; 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM.
    Albert Gerard
    V-Ray architect

Hi Albert,

You can do this with the current version of V-Ray for Revit. Run interactive, hold the Alt key on your keyboard and pan with the left mouse button. Hold the Shift key to orbit.
    The adjusted camera position, however, will not be saved to the Revit project (as Revit won't let us do this). This will result in the initial 3D view when re-rendering.

I hope this helps.
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Ana, this is really great. Thanks to you and CG for being so attentive to users needs.

You brought up something interesting in your reply; that the new views cannot be saved.
      I won't abuse my feature request privilege by recommending more functionality be added.
      However, if V-Ray is creating it's own camera location data, could it not therefore be saved+stored independently of Revit?
      I'm getting flashbacks to 2.0 when VFB history was something you'd enable manually with a regedit.
      Albert Gerard
      V-Ray architect

Comment

Albert, I'll have to check this in order not to mislead you with my answer.

Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

No need to worry about this passing thought of mine.
          Thanks for the answer above, you've already solved a large frustration i've had.

Albert Gerard
          V-Ray architect

Comment

Working...
          X