Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much unused GPU power during progressive rendering

Hi,

attached a screenshot of the GPU usage during a progressive GPU rendering of a complex model at 12000x2000. It looks like approx. 50% of the GPU power are unused. This is only one of the both GTX2080ti, at the second it looks better.

New test - I started a GPU bucket rendering and it looks much better - see second screenshot. The render time is halfen. Is this normal? Is it because a bottleneck of my machine? I use a DualXeon E5-2687w0. I plan to upgrade to a Ryzen 3950x - will it be better there?

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Kindly note that this is reproducible in V-Ray 4.00.02, however, it has been resolved in our internal builds and GPU performance will be utilized fully in the next release (whether it is a stable nightly or an official build)
    Last edited by georgi.georgiev; 30-07-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure it should be fixed yet. At the last nightly sill a lot of GPU power is unused. (I wondered that my cards are so silent and the fan not full blowing.)

Comment

Hi,

Does this occur with a complex and/or rather simple project?

In the meantime, could you try rendering with the VFB disabled and see if this resolves the issue? To do so, please use the following script provided by my colleague in another forum thread:

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs

vray = rs.GetPlugInObject("V-Ray for Rhino")
        vray.SetSceneValue("/SettingsImageSampler", "type", 1)
        vray.SetSceneValue("/SettingsOutput", "img_rawFile", 1)
        vray.SetSceneValue("/SettingsOutput", "img_rawFileVFB", 0)
        vray.RefreshUI()

Note that the Save Image parameter needs to be enabled and set to either vrimg or exr

Comment

It was a medium complex scene of an interior, maybe a large res or VR panorama. I hope I can test the script tomorrow.

Comment

I tested the script and disabled VFB - full speed is available. I hope this is a test only and on the long run the full power will be available for VFB use too.

Comment

Working...
            X