Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy madness

Hi everybody,

I'm quite unhappy with the use of vray proxies. Each changelog tells about fixing bugs but to me this seems like quite long term project. Especially the creation and copying (into other files) of proxies and material assignment is not reliable at all. Biggest problem: When copying a proxy from one file to another, in one of three cases the material definition gets lost which makes the proxy unusable.

Using Rhino 6.21 with vray 4.10.02 with all assets being stored on a NAS.

Any recomendations / hopeful perspective of developer side?

Anything will be much appreciated.

Thanks + best
    Toni

I agree with Toni, creating a proxy should also save associated materials in a linked .vrmat of some sorts. Recreating or reimporting materials and linking them to the proxy multi material takes more time than it should.
    Edson Maruyama
    Architect

Comment

Hi toniboni

Does the issue occur with a specific .vrmesh file? Could you please share a sample project with us so we can investigate in detail? If this is alright, please send us an archived (V-Ray > Pack Project) to support@chaosgroup.com via email or a file-sharing service of your choice.

Otherwise, please be informed that with the upcoming update, two optimization will be introduced in respect to V-Ray Proxies.

Additionally, kindly note that even though some forum posts could remain without a reply for an extended period of time, they are closely monitored and taken into consideration!

Comment

Hi Georgi,

Thanks for your answer. It happens ever since with various projects. I will try to share something in the following days. When will there be the next update? Looking forward to it.

Best
        Toni

Comment

Working...
        X