No announcement yet.

V-Ray 5 Update 1 keeps crashing Rhino 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone from Chaos Group please let me know if this issue is being looked at? As I mentioned before I need V-Ray to be working to meet a deadline and it would be great to at the very least know the matter is being looked into.

It's been several days now since I have heard from konstantin_chaos or @nikoleta.garkova.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello! Is anyone out there? Should I start a new thread?

Comment

Hi PixelPerson81

Apologies - I cannot seem to find anything in our system - you should've received an email with a ticket reference number, would it be possible to share it? Alternatively, if you haven't forwarded the files through our contact form, make sure to do so.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I have received nothing from you, your system, or Konstantin since I followed his last instructions he provided me with. I sent Konstantin a direct message with the files he requested last week via file sharing and have heard nothing back. You and Konstantin should have everything you need now (since last week). Please provide me with some direction as to what the issue might be. As I mentioned before I am working on a tight deadline and it seems I've already lost a week of work because of this and no one has looked into the matter for me. Looking at this thread and others it does not appear that I am the only one having issues with the update.

Comment

Hello again nikoleta.garkova . I resent everything again. The ticket number is 331-917-2906. If someone from Chaos Group could please look at the files it would be much appreciated. It's been nearly 2 weeks now since I posted my issue and no one on your end has even started looking at the files. Hopefully you have what you need now (even though I had sent it to you earlier).

Comment

Thank you, PixelPerson81

I can confirm that we have the files and we are investigating your scene - it does crash on a render. After a quick test of setting a Material Override and reverting the render settings to their defaults it appears to be rendering, meaning that it may be a specific material causing this. We will continue our investigation and will come back with an update on the matter as soon as possible.
              Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi PixelPerson81,

I did receive the files and I can successfully reproduce the crash.
                The issue has been logged as - VRW-3123 - and the developers will look at it soon.
                I'll update you on any progress we make.

Thanks for reporting this and sharing the scenes!
                It really helps us a lot.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi glennco,

Thank you for the detailed information.
                  The crash that you're experiencing is different than the originally reported one.
                  It very much looks like a GPU related thing but I can't be 100% sure.
                  I'll consult with the GPU team and get back to.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi PixelPerson81,

We have identified the issue.
                    It is the WCS (box style) mapping applied to one of the Rhino material textures in the scene.
                    Here's where the option is located (the screenshot is not from your scene):
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	boxMapping.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1106748

A fix will be available in the next V-Ray update which is expected very soon.
                    In the meantime you can avoid using this mapping method and your scenes should render fine.

Thank you once again for reporting this!
                    Konstantin

Comment

konstantin_chaos nikoleta.garkova Thank you both of you for your help with this issue! I appreciate it very much. I look forward to the update and will keep in mind that the WCS (box style) mapping is the issue in the meantime.

Comment

(posted in wrong topic)

Comment

Hi PixelPerson81,

This issue has been resolved a couple of updates back actually.
                          Excuse me for not writing earlier.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
                          X