Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to don´t receive the shadow or the Illumination of a near object, with a enabled shadow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to don´t receive the shadow or the Illumination of a near object, with a enabled shadow?

Hallo dear V-Ray community.

I have a Vertex Surfaces and I need that these surfaces don´t detect the shadow or the illumination of the surrounding area, because I need to not alter the colors.
    To do this, I disabled the Shadow opt. (per example of the Dome Light) set the raytrace properties and disable the cast shadow option of the surrounding area material.
    with this step I succeed in the intent but at the end, I will have a flat rendering like this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Raytrce_Disabled1 - Kopie.png
Views:	341
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1109011

Any advice on how to maintein clean (the surfaces with the Vertex color), and at the same time, be able too enable the shadows, to give more depth and realism to the rendering?

Hello ruvio_gaetano

Thank you for your question. I would like to ask for some more clarification or perhaps for you to explain this in a bit more detail, mainly what the end goal is. If you have any images that can better illustrate what the final render should look like, please send them over to me as a personal message.
    With us having a better idea on what needs to be achieved, we can look for any potential workflows to provide you with, or to suggest specific adjustments that you can make to your settings.

Thank you in advance!
    Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the interest Zahari.Ivanov.
      This could be a good example.
      In the attached image, the shadow altered the vertex color in comparison with is legend.
      I send a private message with files to facility the workflow.
      Best regards
      Last edited by ruvio_gaetano; 11-04-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Hi ruvio_gaetano,

I believe your best option is to apply a self illuminated material to the ground geometry.
        If the heatmap is a texture then just apply the texture to the emission color of the material.
        You might also want to override the effect of the material for the Global Illumination, Reflections, etc.

Here are the steps to achieve this:
        1. Create a new Emisive material and apply it to the ground
        2. Add the heatmap to the Color slot of the material
        3. Add Override attribute to the material
        4. Create another new Generic material - this one will be used for the ground override...
        5. In the Override attribute of the Emissive material - select the Generic material in the GI dropdown menu.
          This ensures that the material will not emit light onto the walls and surrounding objects.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Emissive01.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	1111622
        I've also attached a scene with the setup.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
        Konstantin
        Attached Files
        Last edited by konstantin_chaos; 22-04-2021, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X