Vantage Live Link from Rhino 7 not working - Stuck in command prompt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Live Link from Rhino 7 not working - Stuck in command prompt

Latest Rhino 7.11.21293.9001 + Vray for Rhino 5.2 + Vantage 1.5.2 (Build: 1200713)

Watching the video (link below) It looks like after clicking the "Starts a Vantage Live Session" button in Rhino the Command line briefly shows "Command options (IP=127.0.0.1c Port=20701): _-Render" then blank and the viewport in Rhino is linked to Vantage.

When I click the "Starts a Vantage Live Session" button I get the following:

Command: _vrayVantage
    Command options ( IP=127.0.0.1 Port=20701 ): _Enter
    Command options ( IP=127.0.0.1 Port=20701 )
    Starting Chaos Vantage...Done
    Command options ( IP=127.0.0.1 Port=20701 ): _-Render

Then "Command options ( IP=127.0.0.1 Port=20701 )" remains in the command line no matter what I press - I can't select anything in Rhino or run any commands - I can only navigate the viewport (which is not linked to the current Vantage session).

The only way to unlock Rhino is to close Vantage or (if I had them open) click the "Abort rendering" button in the Vray Options or Frame Buffer.

It doesn't seem to be file specific as far as I can tell.

I've tested it in Rhino 6.35.21222.17001 and it works as expected.

Hi paul-twoatsix ,

The issue you've described is quite strange since the Live Link feature works exactly the same way in both RH6 and 7.

Can you please describe the exact steps you take to start the connection?

There are 2 general ways in which it can be done:
    1. Start Rhino and Vantage manually; Click on the Vantage button on the toolbar (or use the vrayVantage command)
    2. Start Rhino and click the Vantage button. This time Vantage should be automatically started

Konstantin

Comment

Hi konstantin_chaos

I ran a few more tests and it turned out to be file specific - not rhino version specific - after all.

When I first tested out the Live Link to Vantage I built my test file into a template file I had produced for Rhino 7 including various render settings I like to have by default (which aren't default to vray). However when I tested it in Rhino 6 I didn't have the same 'defaults' set and it worked. Working through the differences in my R6 & R7 settings I discovered it is the Cryptomatte render element causing the issue.

The video below shows the issue - if you test it on your end you should get the same result.

Comment

Hi paul-twoatsix,

the differences in my R6 & R7 settings I discovered it is the Cryptomatte render element causing the issue.
        The fact that the Cryptomatte element is preventing the live connection is a known issue, already logged in our bug tracking system - VRT-341.
        Thank you for going through the trouble of debugging the problem!

I'll let you know when we make progress on resolving the issue.

Regards,
        Konstantin

Comment

No worries konstantin_chaos. Glad to hear you're already working on it.

I've only been using it for a few days now, but I'm really enjoying using Vantage (and the live link) - it's sped up my design workflow massively!!

Comment

Working...
          X