Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Optix error code 7050

Hi,

since last update i'm getting this error everytime i try to render using GPU. Any idea? No matter the file...

i'm using:

Windows 10.0.19042 SR0.0 (Physical RAM: 64Gb)

Rhino 7 SR12 2021-11-9
    Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 10-26-2021 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 472.47

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211120_1815.png
Views:	3148
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	1131351

Hello! I am having the same exact problem.

I have to say that it is quite annoying that when this problem pops up, looks like a bug and doesn't let me work again with the project - I have to close the project and re-open it again.

I was also checking the log text and I found that in CUDA, it marks an unspecified error - is not written in red, however, every time that appears, the bug with code 7050 happens.

I have Windows 11, an Nvidia RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, Intel Core i7-10870H, and 16GB RAM.

What should we do to fix this error we have in common with the OP?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi guys,

We've recently released a hotfix addressing some GPU issues. Can you confirm that you're receiving those errors after updating to our latest hotfix for V-Ray for Rhino 5, update 2.1? You can get it directly from here: https://download.chaosgroup.com/?lic...209&product=47

If the issue persists, please send us a packed version with your project files via our contact form. Make sure to mention this thread in the form subject. Much appreciated!
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
        Hi guys,

We've recently released a hotfix addressing some GPU issues. Can you confirm that you're receiving those errors after updating to our latest hotfix for V-Ray for Rhino 5, update 2.1? You can get it directly from here: https://download.chaosgroup.com/?lic...209&product=47

If the issue persists, please send us a packed version with your project files via our contact form. Make sure to mention this thread in the form subject. Much appreciated!
        Hi!

in fact it's happening after updating to version 2.1. I never had this issue before

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211122_1644.jpg
Views:	2586
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1131456
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi nachetz_dominguezadamerocandio,

Please, as requested, forward us the project files so we can investigate what's happening. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nikoleta! Yes, it is happening after the update for me too. Regarding the bug where I am not able to work after the error pops up, is it possible to change it in the new update?

About the file, is it possible to send you the file in private? Please let me know how

Comment

Hi Davidtono,

As soon as we resolve the issue, the resolution will come up in a following hotfix. Best would be to use our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread in the subject.

Comment

Hi,

i have the same problem on one file with V-Ray 5.20.2 for Sketchup.

Should I open a new thread in the Sketchup section?

Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
                Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
                3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
                Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
                GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Hey DCHA34,

No need since we're aware of it; sending a project we could test once the fix is ready would be great!

Comment

Seems like this problem is related to having RTX graphic card, I tried with just the CPU rendered and, while it took longer, it was perfect the result. Perhaps it has something to do with both recent updates from NVidia and Vray not being compatible at all? 5.1 was way better for this

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

the file was sent through the support form.
                      I hope that on your systems this file will generate the error.
                      Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
                      Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
                      3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
                      Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
                      GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Hi! This is still happening and quite a lot. Is there an update coming closer so this won't happen again? My solution was to do CUDA with both RTX and processor, however, this makes the rendering time slower. I want to use just the RTX option and seems like this error happens when the RTX option is activated and I have a plant. This is so uncomfortable.

Comment

Hi !

I would like to come back to the subject of the 7050 error code because I still have this problem with Vray for Sketchup
                          Have you found a solution to work around this problem or is an update of Vray planned soon ?

Thanks a lot.

Config; Windows 10 Professionnel 64 bit (build 10.0.19044), Intel Core i7-10700 2,90 GHz, Ram: 32 Go, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
                          Programs: Sketchup Proc 22.0.316 / Vray for Skecthup 5.20.04

Comment

Hi

Muhhamed told me in vray gpu forums that they are working hard on this subject vray gpu light cache, i believe we are going to enjoy 5.2 soon with out issues.

I trust in vray gpu developers since they resolved so many issues before this one.

They need time since bringing light cache from cpu to gpu was a Big task.

Muhammed told me that they are working too on the speed of light cache with gpu, is going to be faster than the last time.

You can see the treat if You want. We are all waiting 5.2 since they brought a Lot of things with the new update.

Cheers

​​​​​

Comment

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this hopeful answer !

Comment

Working...
                              X