Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray For Rhino

Hi,

I am using V-Ray for Rhino to render my project. Does anyone know how to adjust the background color. I follow the YouTube tutorial, but it does not work. Thank you.

You find the controls at the Environment option.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi,

I find the environment option and I sign a sky texture. It still does not work. I attach an image.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please show a screenshot of your environment options. If you use background only than this is used for all functionality. If you like to free control the background, than assign the sky to GI/refl/refrac environment (best as instance per drag&drop) and now you can set any background you want without the scene is affected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 12-11-21 at 04.08 PM.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1133721

Comment

Hi,

Here is my environment setting.
          Attached Files

Comment

Right, you need to change your setup like it can be seen at my screenshot. Drag&Drop the blue map symbol to the other slots (enable the slot before, like at my screenshot).

Comment

Great, thank you.

Comment

Hi ziyao_zhang,

The V-Ray environment settings work in the following way:
                • The Background texture/color is by default used for all the raytracing that V-Ray does. It is visible in the background, reflected by materials and responsible for the indirect diffuse illumination
                • Once one of the other environment checkboxes (GI, Refl, Refr, etc.) is enabled the environment for the specific effect will change.
                  If for example you enable the Reflection environment, the Background texture/color will continue to be visible in the back, it'll still affect the indirect diffuse illumination but will no longer be reflected.
                  In the material reflections you'll see the Reflection texture/color. The same goes for all the other environment overrides.
                • Based on the described logic, if you want to change just the background texture and continue using the Sky for reflections, GI, refractions, etc. you should first copy the Sky in all slots (as an instance).
                  Then you can Clear the background slot and add another texture there.
                I hope that this information helps you (and that it makes sense).

Regards,
                Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

Thank you for your explanation.

Ziyao Zhang

Comment

Working...
                  X