Texture of Cosmos objects missed at the viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture of Cosmos objects missed at the viewport

... for shooting screenshots and communicate with the client it could be nice to show textured objects.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha

For fast previews, you can use V-Ray Vision. The added bonus is that with Vision you can save explorable(game-like) apps for your clients to explore in real-time.
    More information in the link below.
    https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRHIN...-RayVisionMenu

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm working on very complex models often and I would be glad to use the Rhino viewport since there I have a simple quick preview of the scenes.

Starting Vision is a slow extra task for this complex models and the lights doesn't look like expected and ... and ... to much unwanted effects for a quick screenshot.

Could it be possible to get the textures of the people at the rendered viewport?

Comment

The Cosmos assets are V-Ray Proxies with Multi Materials used as materials.
        Currently, Multi Materials can not be displayed in Rhino's viewport.
        I don't think there is a workaround to this at the moment.

Comment

Ah, ok. I bought some 3D people in the past and it was no problem to get the diffuse texture shown at the viewport ... . I will try to use the RT rendermode for screenshots - it's not so fast, but better than nothing. Maybe the Rhino viewport support is something for the future.

Thanks,
          Micha

Comment

Hi Micha,

Showing Cosmos asset textures in the viewport is not a trivial task.
            The lowpoly preview material IDs and UVs are not guaranteed to work with the same materials and textures.
            Moreover, we have no way to show materials in the Rhino viewport without listing them in the materials list.
            We still don't have a good way to work around this.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
            X