Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray renders all layers in project, even if the layers are disabled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray renders all layers in project, even if the layers are disabled.

When I run a render it renders everything in the project whether the layer is enabled or not. As a simple test I made a new file with two cubes on two separate layers, cube A on layer A and cube B on layer B.
    - With layers A and B on, both cube A and cube B render. This is the expected behavior.
    - With layer A on and layer B off, both cube A and cube B render.
    - With layer A off and layer B on, both cube A and cube B render.
    - If either cube A or B are hidden (using the 'hide' command), they do not render.

This behavior persists in other files.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Google searches brought back nothing, and I'm not sure how to go about fixing this.

My license expired about a month ago, and yesterday after purchasing a new educational license for the year I uninstalled and reinstalled vray in order to get the licensing server working.

I am using the latest version of Vray 6 and the Rhino 8 beta branch.

Same here and reported some days before. I hope it will be fixed soon since V6+R8 can't be used so.

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...tate-during-ir
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I found a working solution to the problem.

After testing in R7 showed the expected behavior, I figured that something had changed in R8 to stop this expected behavior. They introduced a new layering system allowing you to have custom view layers per view which is pretty incredible. To disable layers for rendering, right click the visibility (yellow bulb) on the layers panel and tick "turn off everywhere" which gives a red bulb icon instead of grey or yellow.

Comment

Working...
      X