Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Mix - strange effect by "Rest"

Hi,

today I used light mix a first time for a project and I got some strange effects (look at the reflection of a ceiling light on the wall and the window) by an unknown light source named "Rest". If I disabled "Rest" than I got a nice looking scene. What is "Rest"?

Best-
    Micha

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 03-20-23 at 02.33 PM.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	1176010

Name:	Screen Shot 03-20-23 at 02.34 PM.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	1176009

www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

I made some tests and send a test file per email for further investigation. I still got no ticket number.

Comment

Here a better example how "Rest" destroys lighting and reflections.

Name:	Screen Shot 03-21-23 at 07.55 AM 001_.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1176091

Funny effect - enabled "Rest" cause a black sun light effect of the disabled sun.

Name:	image.png
Views:	105
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	1176092

Comment

Hello Micha,
        Thank you for posting.

Ticket number is #97736. The fully packed scene is requested. Thank you in advance.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi natalia.gruzdova,

in the past I sent scene files as bug report per email to support(a)chaos....com and got an automatic answer with ticket number. But at the moment I don't get the automatic reply. How can I send the packed scene? Why is the email report not working?

Comment

Hello Micha,

Regarding your question about sending your report directly to support email - please note that due to our migration to Zendesk ticketing system the preferred way of submitting tickets is via support.chaos.com form.

Once submitted you will receive an automatic email notification with a ticket number. Also you can check the status of all of your tickets in your chaos.com account under My Activities.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	My_activities.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.4 KB ID:	1176221

Additionally, this system allows you to send us up to 100GB and it is a safe way to transfer files. Though, please note that to avoid any issues we recommend to use the click button when uploading instead of dragging and dropping.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Sendsafely.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	1176222

It will be much appreciated if you could consider opening tickets via https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new form.

Your current ticket with this issue is being taken care of by my colleague.

Comment

Hi natalia.gruzdova​,

I did it on this way now and the request type "bug report" was missing. I got a new number -> # 98445

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	18.6 KB ID:	1176226

Comment

Thank you Micha for confirming that it is working for you.

In this case you would choose 3D and Rendering help > Something is not working right.

But please do not worry, even if something was not initially filled right we will adjust it and forward ticket to the dedicated team if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                X